Initiative of the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences
Casino Davos always strives to combine every casino visit with a positive experience. The game should enrich your free time and not become a burden. In the worst case, psychological and financial problems can result.
For this reason, our goal is to stop compulsive gaming.
The social concept is constantly evaluated and subjected to quality checks through annual audits. In this way, we fulfill our legal duty of care in the best possible way.
During opening hours you can contact our trained staff who will provide you with competent advice on the subject of social concepts and player protection.
You can find helpful information on this topic from the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences (careplay®) at the following link.
Playing in the casino is for entertainment and should bring joy. To ensure that it stays that way, it is worth following the following tips for low-risk gaming:
- Inform those around you about your casino visits.
- Find out about the winning odds of the different games.
- Before the game starts, decide how high the stake can be.
- The specified amount should not be exceeded.
- Remember that drinking alcohol can affect your judgment.
- If you have lost the amount set before the start of the game, your visit to the casino is coming to an end.
- Win or lose: both are possible.
- Treat yourself to regular breaks while visiting the casino.
- If you win a large amount, it is advisable to stop playing for the day.
Process and development of a gambling addiction
1. The Adventure or Winning Phase:
Initial winnings give the impression that you can influence your own luck. Losses are still not taken seriously and are usually glossed over.
2. The losing phase:
Borrowed money is used to try to recoup one’s own losses. The creeping distancing from family and friends sets in.
3. The desperation phase:
Playing becomes the dominant purpose of life. The result is the loss of relationships, work and recognition.
Know your own risk
For the majority, playing in the casino is a carefree pastime. However, for some, gambling can become a problem and create an addiction. You can easily find out whether gambling has already become a problem for you with the self-test.